Hot/Cold Water Cooler Safety Information
CHILD SAFETY RED HOT TAP
Leave cooler standing for 2 hours, and then dispense a cup of water from the hot tap, before plugging into the power socket and turning on the heating and cooling switches on the back. Your cooler is fitted with a child safety hot tap. To operate this tap squeeze the back and front of the red lever together and at the same time push the lever down. It may take up to 30 seconds for the water to flow after installing a new bottle. Be careful as once the heating switch is on the water will become very hot.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
- To reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock or injury, please follow these basic precautions when using your cooler:
- This cooler is designed to be safe in the use for which it was planned provided that it is installed, started up and maintained in accordance with the instructions contained in this manual. Please carefully read this manual before using the water cooler
- Leave cooler standing for 2 hours, and then dispense a cup of water from the hot tap, before plugging into the power and turning on the heating and cooling switches on the back.
- Remove all packaging before using the water cooler.
- Be careful as water dispensed from the red safety hot tap and hot drain pipe is very hot and may scold.
- This cooler contains electrical components that operate at mains voltage, 240v. It therefore must be isolated from the electrical supply before being worked on.
- All maintenance operations that require access to the cooler must be carried out by a suitably qualified technician who has a thorough understanding of all necessary precautions associated with servicing the cooler. All panels must be re-installed after carrying out any maintenance work.
- Any electrical work must only be carried out by a qualified electrician.
- Electrical connection should be in accordance with all the local relevant safety standards for wiring safety.
- The liquids to be used in this appliance must be compatible with the materials used in construction of this appliance.
- Do not have the rear hot or cold switch on without water in the tank.
- Do not use mechanical devices or other means to accelerate the defrosting process if the unit freezes up.
- Never clean parts with flammable fluids. The fumes can create a fire hazard or explosion.
- Do not store or use petrol or any other flammable vapors and liquids in the vicinity of this or any other water cooler. The fumes can create a fire hazard or explosion.
- Do not use this cooler to chill any liquids other than approved spring water.
- Improper use of the grounded plug can result in the risk of electrical shock. Don’t cut or remove the 3rd (ground) prong from the power cord under any circumstances.
- If the electric supply cord is damaged it must be replaced by the manufacturer, AquaToGo service agent or a qualified electrician.
- Plug the cooler into an exclusive properly installed and grounded electrical power outlet that is identical in voltage, cycle and phase to that specified on the serial number plate of the rear of the cooler.
- This unit is charged under pressure with refrigerant gas R134a. Any work carried out on the refrigeration circuit must be carried out by a qualified refrigeration mechanic. Don’t inhale or digest this gas in any manner. Seek medical advice immediately if you come in contact with this gas and feel ill in any way.
- This water cooler is not suitable for outdoor use.
- Please contact the AquaToGo service centre (see p12 of your manual) prior to undertaking any repairs.
This appliance is intended to be used in household and similar applications such as:
staff kitchen areas in shops, offices and other working environments;
- farm houses;
- by clients in hotels, motels and other residential type environments;
- bed and breakfast type environments.
This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
This unit has been tested to AS/NZS60335.2.24 for electrical safety.
This unit has been tested for electromagnetic interference.
On the rear of the unit there are three marking plates:
- Serial number plate – stating the model, service contact details, voltage, gas charge, type of refrigerant, amperage, climate and protection class.
- Warranty numbers – which enables AquaToGo to trace back the date of manufacture and also obtain other information regarding its production and sale.
- CE mark – the tick and number indicates that the unit has passed EMC testing for electrical interference.
FIXING YOUR WATER COOLER TO A WALL
To create greater stability for your water cooler please follow the below instructions to fix the unit to a wall or similar solid structure:
1. Remove one of the upper screws located on the rear of your water cooler (upper right corner or upper left corner) (Picture 1)
2. Install a bracket back onto the body on the cooler in the same place where you removed the screw, using the removed screw. Ensure that the screw is tight. (Picture 2)
3. Fix the other end of the bracket onto a wall or similar solid structure. If you need assistance to do this please seek the assistance of a qualified tradesperson. (Picture 3)
Should you have any queries whatsoever please don’t hesitate to contact the Aqua To Go service center. See page 12 of your water cooler user manual.